29 April 2010

April 29, 2010

Last night we had dinner and games with two other senior missionary couples, and something they told me just laid me out in laughter!  David and I are missionaries of Bem-Estar, which is church welfare,  focusing on employment.  When we arrived in Brazil and there was no available apartment for us, we were put into the temple workers' lodgings until an apartment is made available.  The Brazilian receptionist downstairs had no idea who we were, but when the other American couple returned from the temple that night, she hurriedly told them they should visit the American lady on the 4th floor who was on welfare, who didn't have any food, etc.  They came to my door not knowing what to expect.  I guess the receptionist saw "welfare" on our tags and figured we were down and out!  We laughed for a long time over that one.  Never a dull moment.

No comments: